Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Nick and James

Hi folks! I'm exhausted... I've been going through stuff all day to prepare for the big move. I love getting rid of stuff and wish I had had less in the first place! Moving is always a good reminder to live a simpler life (at least for me).

"Aspire not to have more, but to be more."
-Archbishop Romero


On the left here is my favourite coffee shop in Hull City Centre. No, it's not a Starbucks, it's a Cafe Nero! The coffee is stronger, and the atmosphere is more sophisticated.





Below is our friend James who came up from Bournemouth
with our friend Nick to visit me! We had such a nice weekend!












I made them pancakes for breakfast. Janie, I tried the healhty recipe you put on your blog! Thanks for that.







Oh, they were sweethearts, and such a pair! We played 5 games of Settlers of Catan... I was SO happy.











Cafe Nero is in the background. The boys are parked in front of our Maritime Museum. They couldn't resist the photo!


Ah yes, a picnic in the Westwood. A very expensive bottle of wine to celebrate the fast sale of my car for a very good price! We also had cheese, olive ciabatta bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, strawberries... and a frisbee to throw afterwards! It wasn't cold, but the mosquitos were out.


So... things are OK... I'm just trying to be overprepared so I'm not scrambling on my last day here. I'm still trying not to worry about finances, but the budget is just so unpredictable. I feel as though I have no control over it whatsoever. Our marriage seems to be a continuous opportunity to trust God for our finances... it's nice for our faith, but I just wish we could get ahead! Hopefully Australia will provide that opportunity. And if not, if we continue to scrape by... so be it. God has always taken care of us.

This coming week is my last week of work! I pleased that I'm able to leave things so well organized. Pray for good closure there.

This coming weekend (actually, starting Thursday night) I am going camping with my church just above the North York Moors somewhere called Sexham. That should be a nice time of fellowship, teaching, and time to say goodbyes. Then Monday I am going up to Newcastle to say goodbye to our good friend Neil, the one who got us connected with Australia in the first place! Wednesday night I'll be staying with friends. Thursday 30th August EARLY... I leave! That's the rest of my time here in a nutshell. Throw in hanging out with people almost every night, and continued efforts to pack. Pray for me =)

Love,

Rachel