Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Fun

People here don't really celebrate Halloween. I, on the other hand, got very excited about it... more for nostalgic reasons I think. And I just love any excuse for a party, something fun to do, candy, and a nice reminder of home. Leigh and I picked up these masks at the dollar store and wore them around town for the day. We got some very strange looks... and the masks aren't even crazy ones! One man even asked us why we were wearing the masks. "It's Halloween..." (duh!)

Our nice faces

Our mean faces


Leigh's finished product

And mine

And our front door. We had one set of trick-or-treaters. One.


OK, so today (Nov 1) we went mini-golfing. I'll spare you those exciting photos, and instead share these. It was an old-west sort of themed mini-golf place... Now, who looks most 'Mad-Dog' to you??? Please vote =)







Anyhow, so yesterday was my first due date. I think I'll now forget about that and go with the second due date of Nov. 9th so he can still come 'early' =) It's still strange to Mark and me that we'll be parents soon... that we'll have a little baby to take care of! It's only a matter of hours, or days, or weeks now... but not more than three weeks! Wow. Thankfully I've slept well the last two nights (but here I am typing this and it's almost 1am!). I am getting more achy and crampy and I continue to get bigger. My guess/hope is that he'll come this Monday to Wednesday. Overall I'm still doing really well though. Uncomfortable at times, but definitely coping and still enjoying life and my time with Leigh.

We'll keep you posted as soon as anything happens... Thanks for your prayers!