Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 14, 2008

More photos of Kai

Hello friends and family! We're all doing well. It's Saturday here. Mark has had the whole week off work to spend at home with me and the baby... it's gone by SO quickly! He's done a great job taking care of us, making sure I'm feeling loved and Kai has a clean nappy on. Leigh has also been a tremendous help, doing more than her fair share of nappy changes, and helping to keep the house clean and good food in our bellies. Our church and friends have also been caring, bringing meals around every evening. Thanks guys!

We're slowly adjusting to life as parents. It still doesn't quite seem real to either of us, but it's starting to sink in. I'm finally feeling better. I think the after-birth recovery has been more difficult than the pregnancy and the birth! I've just been sore and haven't been able to walk for prolonged periods of time, which is difficult for me who always likes to bounce back quickly and be active. I'm learning to put my feet up and rest. Night-times have been really good, I think. He wakes up about 3 times to feed, and in between he's pretty quiet so I can get a decent amount of sleep. I was running off less sleep at university, so this is fine. In the day-times he still sleeps a lot, but also has periods where he's very alert.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts, prayers, letters, emails, etc... Much appreciated!


The cats are getting used to Kai. Bella is giving him a little cuddle here!


Below: how NOT to do 'no nappy time'. You just can't have enough towels under you.


A better way to do it... (although he still managed to get the carpet a little wet- good aim!)


Kai's first bath at home with Auntie Leigh


All wrapped up in a froggie towel from Aunt Laura


Just being cute!


Notice the little smile on Kai's face! Is he dreaming about my breast, pooping, or farting? Or maybe he's just enjoying snuggling on daddy's lap?


The first book we read to him, "That's Not My Pirate."

I think he liked it =)

And last but not least, some more father/son photos. In the one right below, Mark was snoring very loudly, but Kai didn't seem to mind!

Both passed out...